Keisler told us that numerous customers are reporting a 30- to 50-percent fuel-economy increase when changing from a four-speed to a T56, and from 40- to 60-percent gains in gas mileage when. The long-awaited and highly-anticipated F-car-specific version of TREMEC's popular Magnum 6-speed has finally arrived! Designed to replace T-56 transmissions in 1998-2002 GM F-bodies, the Magnum-F… Read More. In addition to the Ford Performance TREMEC Magnum XL T56 6-Speed Transmission, you will also require a new driveshaft, pedal assembly, clutch, flywheel, transmission crossmember, hydraulic throw out bearing/slave cylinder, reservoir and lines. From what I understand the T56 is a great Tranny but not setup for a Supra Diff unless you get a 4. Featuring a 700 lb. Some guys might point out that the MAgnum comes with a shifter, well that shifter won't fit the GTO. T56 Super Magnum. Due to its small diameter in relation to the 1-2 shift fork, the factory cast aluminum 3-4 fork is a common problem area. Maybe a dumb question, but I can't seem to find anything online— does anyone know the thread size for the two threaded holes in the T56 Magnum shifter nub? I think they might be metric and I don't have a bunch of metric bolts to try out. Description The Sikky Manufacturing T56 Relocation Short Throw Shifter is designed to relocate the factory shift rod location back 5. Then I saw a company at SEMA by the name of Bremer Shifters that is releasing a new sequential shifter for the T56 which is due to be released the end of March 2018 for about the same price as the S1. Regular price $19 95 $19. It is also used by the TR6060 variants of the T56 magnum. The Samoco Industries Tremec T56, Magnum and TR-6060 Reverse Lockout Controller uses the factory vehicle speed sensor and turns an aftermarket swapped Tremec trans into an OEM-like endeavor that locks Reverse out above 5 mph and keeps it open below that. How the TREMEC® T-56 MAGNUM 6-Speed transmission is improved. Hurst 3913008 with Free T Shirt, Blackjack 6 Speed Manual Shifter for 1969 Chevy Camaro with a Tremec T56 Transmission Features: This Hurst Blackjack Shifter is specifically designed to locate the shifter handle in the proper location for all 1969 Chevrolet Camaro applications when using a Tremec T-56 Magnum 6-speed trans. By offering the owners of these vehicles a rigid, "direct-shift" with the Magnum XL, gone are the days of clumsy, rubbery-feeling gear changes. Find t56 shifter and camaro t56 shifter from a vast selection of Shifters. GR-Series T56 Magnum Swaps for the Supra, IS300, and SC300 as other performance products for the Mazda FD3S RX7, MKIV Supra, and Lexus SC300 and Lexus IS300. i'm selling new and used parts to suit tremec t56 and tr6060 6 speed manual transmissions. Gm tremec magnum t-56 with custom f-body. If you check out the TR6060s, they all have a shift-rail housing bolted down to the square port location. I was investigating shifters and came across the S1 Sequential shifter that looks very interesting. Heads up to future E39, Z3 and Z4 LSx swappers, Tremec just released an extended shifter T56 Magnum. Please see our Solutions section for what ever you hit the road with. Ford Tremec Magnum 6 Speed Transmission, 26 Spline Input Shaft; Part # TUET11011 GM Tremec TKO 600 5 Speed Transmission, 26 Spline Input Shaft; Part # TCET5009 Ford Tremec TKO 600 5 Speed Transmission, 26 Spline Input Shaft; Part # TCET4617 2005-2014 FORD Mustand GT TREMEC T56 Magnum XL 6 Speed Transmission; Part # TUKT12019. Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Transmission - Hutch's Transmission Service > Stick shift and clutch: T56 question. The Samoco Industries Tremec T56, Magnum and TR-6060 Reverse Lockout Controller uses the factory vehicle speed sensor and turns an aftermarket swapped Tremec trans into an OEM-like endeavor that locks Reverse out above 5 mph and keeps it open below that. Advertisement. The original T56 Magnum has a sub optimal mount setup and shifter position for most LS engine swaps in more modern cars. 50 It is also the highest torque rating of the GM version which is 450 ft lbs Custom B & M shifter and comes with clutch fork. I'm running SBF with original T56 in a Mk4 - so measurements may vary to Coyote / T56 Magnum. 5inches to acommodate the extra girth of the T56. Mar 14, 2014- Big Block Displacement in a Small Block Package with 650 HP. The F stands for"F-body"). Link to post. I'm running SBF with original T56 in a Mk4 - so measurements may vary to Coyote / T56 Magnum. Swapped to a t56 magnum xl and ju st purchased the mgw shifter for it! I am beyond exciting to receive, install, and enjoy!! Mgw is the best in the business! See More. Ford NEW MAGNUM 700FTTQ Capable. The long-awaited and highly-anticipated F-car-specific version of TREMEC's popular Magnum 6-speed has finally arrived! Designed to replace T-56 transmissions in 1998-2002 GM F-bodies, the Magnum-F… Read More. I wanted the lowest first gear ratio available with the tallest 6th gear ratio. *Magnum xl gearbox will need a small modification to the gearbox for fitment. In addition to the Ford Performance TREMEC Magnum XL T56 6-Speed Transmission, you will also require a new driveshaft, pedal assembly, clutch, flywheel, transmission crossmember, hydraulic throw out bearing/slave cylinder, reservoir and lines. An Elite Tremec Transmission Distributor, making us the best source for all of your T-5, T-45, T-56, T-56 Magnum, TKO-500, TKO-600, 3650 and 6060 transmission…. Our kit combines the strength of a full-out race transmission with the factory look, drivability, and fit of an OEM installation. LMK if anyone is interested. You will also need a Quicktime bell housing. 2005-14 Mustang GT Tremec Magnum XL T56 Kit w/ DTE. Which one is Best for my setup 2015 GT with 2. The T56 Magnum NightStick is an all new design that combines the ball and socket shift stub found on the Viper 6-speed with a completely new base plate configuration that eliminates oil leakage around the shift stub socket. California Proposition 65 Warning. Featuring all the most important content from the original Magnum, the XL retains its brute strength and sophistication, but eliminates its multiple shifter locations and dual speedo outputs. *TREMEC T56 Magnum transmissions can be shifted from two different locations - mid and rear. Remove the transmission and cut/trim the hole for the shifter. Great Variety of Vintage Car Parts and Accessories. California Proposition 65 Warning. The rear shifter plate can be turned around for a mid shift location. If you have a T56 that doesn't return to center by itself, stop screwing around with your shifter springs. You also don't have the same gear combo's available for the XL. With front shifter installed: The TUPC9650 kit comes with the rear cover plate. The aftermarket has been making this Magnum F body trans configuration for years, but at a $1500+ cost premium over the standard T56 Magnum. Brand new never used Tremec T56 Magnum Shifter. The Magnum-F incorporates TREMEC's TR-6060 Magnum technology to provide fourth-gen owners with improved performance and relief from the dwindling availability of quality T56 transmissions and replacement components. Regular price $19 95 $19. The Tremec T56 / T56 Magnum / TR-6060 Six-Speed manual transmission utilizes a reverse lockout solenoid to eliminate inadvertent shifting (and grinding) into reverse gear while attempting to shift into 5 th gear. If you are unsure which version of the sequential shifter you need please contact us and we will help work that out. maximum torque capacity, the T56 has an exterior case similar to the fourth-generation F-body transmission. 9 Whipple 331 Gear ratio Looking into upgrading into T56 Magnum XL which is best suited for my setup. Find American Powertrain Tremec T-56 Magnum Manual Transmissions TUET-11009 and get Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing! Except for their gear ratios, American Powertrain Tremec T-56 Magnum manual transmissions are truly brand new from the ground up. Sections of this page. Only hiccup in my swap was I was using the factory drive shaft. Running a 8. Tremec Transmission Extension Housing (better known as a tailhousing) with Shifter taken off 0-Mile Tremec T56 Magnum for GM Applications, Tremec numbers TUET-11002 and TUET-11012. This throws a lot of fluid on the shifter. 75" This trans swap could be considered a future cost savings, a gallon of Dexron is about 1/4 the cost of a gallon of Castrol Syntorq. Tremec Tko 500 600 Transmission Gm Offset Shifter 68 69 Camaro Firebird. 68-79 Magnum 6-Speed Transmission Conversion (Manual to Manual) Installation Instructions (1. Locate Magnum Shifter Ls available to buy right now on the internet! Vintage Parts for Cars. Our 1969 Silver Mustang had one of its biggest challenges this past week at GoodGuys Del Mar as we let magazine editors drive the furious stallion on an autocross competition. Regular price $19 95 $19. Tranzilla™ is a 6-speed transmission that will accept 1,200 Horsepower and 1,000 ft/lbs of torque. first test fit with the transmission in the car it worked perfectly. 5-inch longer than an F-body. The Magnum is shown at left and the T-56 is on the right. S1 is currently shipping their sequential shifter for the T56 Magnum six bolt mount priced at just under $2250 US with the optional accessories. 5 OEM Handle W/o Shift Ball) Sikky Universal T56 Magnum Transmission 4" inch. We have been manufacturing T56 relocation shifter assemblies for over 6 years and using that knowledge we designed a high quality, short throw upgrade for the 2004-2006 GTO. they were beefed up to hell, even heavier duty than the viper units. This is a brand new "direct shift" transmission 6-speed based off the updated TR-6060 unit, which is much stronger than the original Camaro Borg-Warner T56 transmission. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. Hurst Blackjack 5 & 6-Speed Manual Shifters are made of durable, CNC-machined billet 6061 aluminum. 75” This trans swap could be considered a future cost savings, a gallon of Dexron is about 1/4 the cost of a gallon of Castrol Syntorq. 0 T-5/T45 Shifter. The TREMEC T56 Magnum is the leader when it comes to high performance transmissions. NOTE: The T56 Magnum is 1. Since the T56 Magnum runs an exposed gear setup, this shifter utilizes a boot on the bottom side of the front rod to eliminate any worries of leaking. This means that your stock mounting hardware and dimensions will be utilized. View and Download HURST T56 installation instructions manual online. Tremec T56 6 speed in my Challenger 5. Tremec 6 Speed Black Shift Knob with Standard Thread. Corvette T56 6 speed transmission 43 tooth 2nd gear (FITS 2. T56 Magnum Shifters Transmission and Rear End. men's magnum parade or office shoes, in typical magnum quality. SHIFTERS & SHIFT KNOBS. We have been doing conversions since 2008 and have had the pleasure of helping many great people with their projects. Instructions. I also have my SST shift handle and white shift knob. How a Build a T56 Magnum to Handle 1,200 HP / 65. Close ratio / short throw for T56 Magnum to bring your shifter up in factory position. 7 based 392 stroker w/ ported eagle heads, boost cam from MMX, Paxton novi 1200 and meth injection all in front of an LS based t56 magnum! Home built, and asides from finalizing the cooling system, right about ready to tear up the pavement. The kingpin of TREMEC's high performance line-up, the T-56 Magnum double-overdrive 6-speed transmission takes the very best from TREMEC's current OEM technologies and pairs it with the most popular features of the TKO 5-speed. This shifter kit comes complete with shift handle and all mounting hardware needed for installation. 30-50% increase in fuel economy Low RPM cruising for reduced driver fatigue Reduced engine west leading to longer engine life Cooler engine operating temperatures Reduced NVH (Noise-Vibration-harshness) PerfectFit Tremec T56 Magnum Kit Components for Conversion to. Yes, I had a Richmond ROD, same as I run now. Introduced to the marketplace in 2012, the Magnum XL is a continuation of the popular Magnum 6-speed series. Featuring a 700 lb. Tremec Gm Ford Tko 500 600 Transmission Midshifter Mid-shift Shifter. Pace Performance offers the best pricing on products offered by Tremec. more than I am happy with. Of course, the 5-6 fork is smaller still, but hard shifts into overdrive are rare. And with. 6 V8 400HP PKG to T56 or MAGNUM. Pfitzner Performance Gearboxes is the only manufacturer to offer a motorsport-proven high performance, 6-speed sequential system upgrade for TREMEC T56, TR-6060, Magnum and Magnum XL in-line and transaxle transmissions. Magnum Midshifter, 1978-1988 GM G-Body. Find t56 shifter and camaro t56 shifter from a vast selection of Shifters. Silver Sport Transmissions offers TREMEC TKO 5-Speed, TREMEC Magnum 6-Speed, and A41 4-Speed Automatic PerfectFit conversion kits for GM, Ford, Mopar & AMC. In addition, Chevrolet Performance is offering its Shift into Summer promotion this quarter, during which time all of its transmissions (including the T56 Super Magnum) are eligible for a $200 mail-in rebate*. NOTE: The T56 Magnum is 1. Introduced to the marketplace in 2012, the Magnum XL is a continuation of the popular Magnum 6-speed series. Tremec Transmission With Rod Hot 3-speed Transmission For Tremec Manual Shifter Chevrolet Knob 1981 Tremec Transmission. And with. 0 Fox-body. BK5 Conversion Kit, TR-6060 [2009-2019] to Magnum. Even during normal driving I occasionally miss 3rd and end up in 5th. Transmission and Shifter – This kit is designed to work with the LS1 style T56. All of that power is transferred to the rear wheels via the Tremec T56 Magnum 6-Speed Transmission. Fits: T56 Magnum, TKO 500/600. Our 1969 Silver Mustang had one of its biggest challenges this past week at GoodGuys Del Mar as we let magazine editors drive the furious stallion on an autocross competition. How a Build a T56 Magnum to Handle 1,200 HP / 65. When you push or pull the shift handle from inside the vehicle, the rail operates these forks. 5" shorter than the production 1998-2002 Camaro T56. happy to help with enquiries please call for more info. It is actually the shifter rod bushings internal to the transmission that are binding to. The T56 Magnum does not have an extreme 6th gear and you will definitely use it if you drive on the interstate. TKO Shift Levers in-stock with same-day shipping. Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing. Transmission and Shifter – This kit is designed to work with the LS1 style T56. With front shifter installed: The TUPC9650 kit comes with the rear cover plate. From the factory they are configured as a rear shift. Adding an aluminum driveshaft reduces rotational mass which improves acceleration and reduces potential drivetrain vibrations. Maybe a dumb question, but I can't seem to find anything online— does anyone know the thread size for the two threaded holes in the T56 Magnum shifter nub? I think they might be metric and I don't have a bunch of metric bolts to try out. Hurst 3913008 with Free T Shirt, Blackjack 6 Speed Manual Shifter for 1969 Chevy Camaro with a Tremec T56 Transmission Features: This Hurst Blackjack Shifter is specifically designed to locate the shifter handle in the proper location for all 1969 Chevrolet Camaro applications when using a Tremec T-56 Magnum 6-speed trans. I've heard the stock GTO shifter is like a "baseball bat in jello" I believe they said lol mines def not like that. Vorshlag has teamed up with Tremec to get the right transmission built for the BRZ / FR-S / 86 LS V8 swap as well as our BMW Z4 LS swap. Some guys might point out that the MAgnum comes with a shifter, well that shifter won't fit the GTO. It will not fit any other tremec transmission model. Save used tremec 5 speed to get e-mail alerts and updates on your eBay Feed. With this extended version (34" from bellhousing to shifter), it would place the shifter smack where the shifter hole is without cutting or custom shifters. Corvette T56 6 speed transmission 43 tooth 2nd gear (FITS 2. 4th Gen Shifter Boot/Knob Conversion Kit. Featuring all the most important content from the original Magnum, the XL retains its brute strength and sophistication, but eliminates its multiple shifter locations and dual speedo outputs. they were beefed up to hell, even heavier duty than the viper units. Regular price $29 95 $29. Tremec Transmission Extension Housing (better known as a tailhousing) with Shifter taken off 0-Mile Tremec T56 Magnum for GM Applications, Tremec numbers TUET-11002 and TUET-11012. The T-56 Magnum XL. But I'm running the furthest forward shift position in your T56 magnum illustration (on my original T56). The feedback that the T56 Magnum gives is awesome. 0 Fox-body. There are no plastic parts to wear out and become sloppy. Keep in mind that all shifters fit gearboxes and not specific cars you may need to modify transmission tunnel to suit. 9 Whipple 331 Gear ratio Looking into upgrading into T56 Magnum XL which is best suited for my setup. Each unit is thoroughly tested, contains a tough black MIL-Spec anodized finish and is ready for installation. Raise the tailshaft of the transmission up against the floor and mark the location for the shifter with a permanent marker. Locate Magnum Shifter Ls available to buy right now on the internet! Vintage Parts for Cars. 97 Mn12 Slp Leather Shift Knob T56. 0 Fox-body. Tremec Transmission 3-speed Hot Rod Manual Shifter With Knob For 1981 Chevrolet - $109. 97 Mn12 Slp Leather Shift Knob T56. The T56 also includes stronger, high-capacity gear sets, input shaft and output shaft used in the TREMEC TR6060. Select Ford or Chevy to learn more TKO 500 / 600 TRANSMISSIONS. Fits: T56 Magnum, TKO 500/600. You can only get that with the regular Magnum. I have an ext cab 03 and i had to modify the crossmember (manual one). "The highlight of our T56 conversion package is the factory shifter location. Tremec Transmission Extension Housing (better known as a tailhousing) with Shifter taken off 0-Mile Tremec T56 Magnum for GM Applications, Tremec numbers TUET-11002 and TUET-11012. Thread Is M16x1. Silver Sport Transmissions offers TREMEC TKO 5-Speed, TREMEC Magnum 6-Speed, and A41 4-Speed Automatic PerfectFit conversion kits for GM, Ford, Mopar & AMC. 75" This trans swap could be considered a future cost savings, a gallon of Dexron is about 1/4 the cost of a gallon of Castrol Syntorq. S1 Sequential Shifter. Including TUET11012 - GM LS T56 Magnum Strip Transmission. You will also have to modify the wiring a bit, also get the relocation kit for the t56 to move the shifter to the front hole. Close ratio / short throw for T56 Magnum to bring your shifter up in factory position. 1993-2002 Chevy Camaro Pontiac Firebird 6-speed Pro 5. If you are considerably shorter, you may want to use the mid-mount position or a short shifter handle. Known as "America's Number 1 Shifter Company", Hurst proudly maintains a wide variety of quality products for the performance enthusiast. When you push or pull the shift handle in the vehicle, the rail operates these forks—again with the. Keep in mind that all shifters fit gearboxes and not specific cars you may need to modify transmission tunnel to suit. Distance from front of bellhousing (aka rear of engine block) to shifter stub (hopefully you find a model that puts the shifter stub in the center of your console or floor opening) Before you buy a transmission, figure out which model suits your needs. you can start with a GTO core and convert to an F-body shifter. Sikky T56 Magnum Short Throw Shifter Features:-Relocates the shift rod location back 4″ from the standard configuration-Reduces shift throw by 44% for faster shifts-Works with a variety of Engine swap and Transmission swap applications-Direct bolt on for the Tremec T56 Magnum Transmission-3/8 – 16 thread pitch shift knob thread. Features 30 percent reduction in throw and strong return springs for a perfect 2-3 shift. Since the T56 Magnum runs an exposed gear setup, this shifter utilizes a boot on the bottom side of the front rod to eliminate any worries of leaking. HINSON F-Body Camaro Firebird Short Throw Shifter T56 Transmission 1993-2002 (M16x1. Engineered and manufactured with the same precision and patented design technology as our Mustang, Viper, and Corvette shifters, this shifter really is in a class of its own. 5" TR6060 - 2. Featuring all the most important content from the original Magnum, the XL retains its brute strength and sophistication, but eliminates its multiple shifter locations and dual speedo outputs. The G-Force Street 6-Speed conversion requires no external case, tailhousing, or shifter modifications to your existing T-56. FREE SHIPPING! Retro. Chevelle 6-speed Transmission Conversion Kit, With All New Tremec T56 Magnum, 1968-1972 Steel Flywheel And Flywheel Bolts Spicer Slip Yoke Classic Hurst Shifter. t56 magnum If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. Short throw shifter design has 4 adjustable pivot points; Large spherical bearing for smooth shifting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't the shifter be moved towards the front of the casing about 10" on a T56? If anyone out there has done it, how expensive. California Proposition 65 Warning. The T56 also includes stronger, high-capacity gear sets, input shaft and output shaft used in the TREMEC TR6060. The T56 Magnum does not have an extreme 6th gear and you will definitely use it if you drive on the interstate. Keep in mind that all shifters fit gearboxes and not specific cars you may need to modify transmission tunnel to suit. Will post pictures this afternoon when I get home. Link to post. However, the company is trying to get away from calling it a T56 Magnum because there’s nothing common between the T56 and the Magnum, even though the boxes appear very similar. Hurst Blackjack 5 & 6-Speed Manual Shifters are made of durable, CNC-machined billet 6061 aluminum. • High-torque capacity TREMEC six-speed manual designed for custom, retro-fit installations with Chevrolet Performance crate engines. TREMEC T56 Magnum S197 Transmission The shifter moves through the gate and into gear fine, but now I have grinding during and after the shift is completed. Extensive research, including with a master transmission builder, indicates it is the "nature of the beast". IIRC, the T56 Magnum shifter is in a similar spot to the Viper. Fits: T56 Magnum, TKO 500/600. However, the company is trying to get away from calling it a T56 Magnum because there's nothing common between the T56 and the Magnum, even though the boxes appear very similar. I am happy with the Viper T56, but if the magnum was available a few years ago, I probably would have chosen it over the Viper as it comes close to the Viper in torque capacity for $800 less. The Magnum is shown at left and the T-56 is on the right. It is actually the shifter rod bushings internal to the transmission that are binding to. Over the years, Hurst has been the OEM shifter supplier for the Pontiac GTO, Plymouth Barracuda, Plymouth Super Bird, Ford Mustang Boss 302, Oldsmobile, AMC and now the new Dodge Challengers, just to name a few. They can withstand up to 700 ft. Brand new never used Tremec T56 Magnum Shifter. Accessibility Help. Link to post. And with. GR-Series T56 Magnum Swaps for the Supra, IS300, and SC300 as other performance products for the Mazda FD3S RX7, MKIV Supra, and Lexus SC300 and Lexus IS300. We offer many performance / heavy duty automatic transmission parts the others don’t sell. The TREMEC® T56 Magnum XL 6-speed transmission is aimed specifically at S197 Mustang enthusiasts! The new 'direct-shift" T56 Magnum™ XL for 2005-up Ford Mustangs represents a long awaited solution to the semi-remote shifter woes experienced by many 2005-up Mustang owners, as well as, TREMEC's most significant foray into the Mustang aftermarket since the days of emerging 5. A quick Google provides this thread - T-56 Magnum Vs. Advertisement. Find American Powertrain Tremec T-56 Magnum Manual Transmissions TUET-11009 and get Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing! Except for their gear ratios, American Powertrain Tremec T-56 Magnum manual transmissions are truly brand new from the ground up. and 1967-1970 Mercury Cougar. Tremec Transmission 3-speed Hot Rod Manual Shifter With Knob For 1981 Chevrolet - $109. With front shifter installed: The TUPC9650 kit comes with the rear cover plate. Handle and shaft are adjustable for position and height. Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't the shifter be moved towards the front of the casing about 10" on a T56? If anyone out there has done it, how expensive. Pfitzner Performance Gearboxes is the only manufacturer to offer a motorsport-proven high performance, 6-speed H-Pattern helical synchro gear system upgrade for TREMEC T56, TR-6060, Magnum and Magnum XL, in-line and transaxle transmissions. Locate Magnum Shifter Ls available to buy right now on the internet! Vintage Parts for Cars. You can move the shifter forward on any of the T56's with a simple kit that puts it in the forward opening. In this review, I compare the Tremec T56 Magnum XL transmission against the stock Mustang GT MT-82. com They have done the adapters to the T56 Magnum, and told me it was possible with the regular T56 as well. Allows T56 Super Magnum transmission P/N 19352208 to bolt up to a Gen I Small-Block and all Big-Block engines shift cables and shifter to match the six-speed. I wanted the lowest first gear ratio available with the tallest 6th gear ratio. The feedback that the T56 Magnum gives is awesome. This billet construction offset shifter will put the shift location dead center in the tunnel hole of many of my bolt-in Tremec T56 Magnum swap kits including the MKIV Supra, Lexus SC300, Lexus. i'm selling new and used parts to suit tremec t56 and tr6060 6 speed manual transmissions. Sst Front Shift Conversion Kit For Borg Warner Or Tremec T56 6 Speed New. Select Ford or Chevy to learn more TKO 500 / 600 TRANSMISSIONS. and 1967-1970 Mercury Cougar. Featuring a large catalog of Mustang Tremec Transmission available for sale now. FREE SHIPPING! Retro. The G-Force Street 6-Speed conversion requires no external case, tailhousing, or shifter modifications to your existing T-56. *TREMEC T56 Magnum transmissions can be shifted from two different locations - mid and rear. Additionally, a slip yoke style interface will also make it easy to ditch the equally unpopular 2-piece driveshaft in favor of a more robust 1-piece arrangement. t56 magnum If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. I love how well the magnum shifts, it's mostly quiet and it's fun. Even if you open up your tunnel to really raise the back of the trans, you have other issues. Moves shifter location ~7 inches farther back from original Camaro T56 location. The T56 Magnum 6 speed is a much stronger and better shifting box that uses the TR6060 internals from the newest Viper, Corvette ZR1, Shelby GT500, Challenger SRT8 Hellcat, Pontiac G8 GXP, Camaro ZL1, and even Aston Martins! It also has provisions for 3 separate shifter locations and a choice of 2 sets of gear ratios:. Known as "America's Number 1 Shifter Company", Hurst proudly maintains a wide variety of quality products for the performance enthusiast. you can start with a GTO core and convert to an F-body shifter. I have a T56 transmission going in my 40 Ford coupe. Sikky T56 Magnum Short Throw Shifter Features:-Relocates the shift rod location back 4″ from the standard configuration-Reduces shift throw by 44% for faster shifts-Works with a variety of Engine swap and Transmission swap applications-Direct bolt on for the Tremec T56 Magnum Transmission-3/8 - 16 thread pitch shift knob thread. I did a side by side comparison of the shifter throw between the stock transmissions. 5" shorter than the production 1998-2002 Camaro T56. Further, if you have a Tremec T56 Magnum gearbox it comes with two speed sensor locations (mechanical and electronic). The T56 Magnum does not have an extreme 6th gear and you will definitely use it if you drive on the interstate. T56 pdf manual download. Over the years, Hurst has been the OEM shifter supplier for the Pontiac GTO, Plymouth Barracuda, Plymouth Super Bird, Ford Mustang Boss 302, Oldsmobile, AMC and now the new Dodge Challengers, just to name a few. There is a gear under the shifter. BK5 Conversion Kit, TR-6060 [2009-2019] to Magnum. NOTE: The T56 Magnum is 1. Ford GM Dodge Tremec T56 Magnum bronze shifter cup isolator bushing. High temperature lower dust boot Talk to one of our Sales staff to dial in your application. Shift knob Thread: M10x1. Quote; Share this post. And if you are Jim McIlvaine-sized, the T56 Magnum (rather than an F-body/GTO T56) might be a better choice, which puts the shifter 1. The box is longer than a T56, the shift position further forward ( Although Sikky do offer a more rearward shifter ), the only slight benefit is a cheaper initial purchase price vs a Magnum that. We have been doing conversions since 2008 and have had the pleasure of helping many great people with their projects. TREMEC 6-speed sequential gear system. Shifter base for custom installations using a T56 transmission with forward conversion adapter from McLeod (# 82-1001 - buy direct from McLeod) or Keisler / SilverSport (stamped # TRA-00104, not sold alone). Probably too big to fit the Datsun console, but still cool. It's currently available only for Mustangs but a LS version is to follow. a t56 magnum would suffice just fine though. This is the “Snotrocket”, powered by a fully forged and studded 5. The semi-remote shifters tend to be wide, and high; so in addition to the mount mentioned above, you may have to widen your transmission tunnel as well. Mar 14, 2014- Big Block Displacement in a Small Block Package with 650 HP. The F stands for"F-body"). Ford GM Dodge Tremec T56 Magnum bronze shifter cup isolator bushing. See pics attached. Now I have an even better renewed understanding what the T56 magnum is. Perfect for clearing the bench seat on a Tri-Five, Street Rod, Kit Car or truck. Honestly I think if you flipped it 180, it would be in the stock location. The best way to get repeatable quick shifts. I was investigating shifters and came across the S1 Sequential shifter that looks very interesting. You can only get that with the regular Magnum. The transmission was originally designed and built by BorgWarner for the Dodge Viper later being used by GM in 1992 for the generation II and later engines, but from 1998 was built by Tremec, though nothing changed internally. My MT82D4 bit the dust on a 2-3 shift and I lost 3/4 so I bought a T56 Magnum XL and an MGW - the hype is real! 43 comments. The shifter bolts are 3/8 - 24. August 28, 2019 (ANAHEIM, CA) McLeod Racing's President, Paul Lee, has acquired FTI Performance Converters. Find t56 shifter and camaro t56 shifter from a vast selection of Shifters. Yes, I had a Richmond ROD, same as I run now. The remaining pieces to complete install is the Transmission, Pedals, Shifter, Shifter Bezel, and in some cases Key Reprogram / Computer Flash Parts ONLY to convert a 96-2004 Mustang 4. It has the "midshift" position option as well, but it's further forward than I wanted. Carpet should arrive tomorrow - I bought the ACC carpet with the heat/thermal backing so we'll see how that goes. 2695 Mon - Fri 9AM - 5PM, Sat by appt. 0 T56 Billet Shifter. See pics attached. This is the shifter that comes from the factory on the T56 Magnum. View and Download HURST T56 installation instructions manual online. It causes it to drip some fluid. 943 at full weight. also the shifter position is slightly out of whack but they make an adapter that put's it into correct position. a t56 magnum would suffice just fine though. This is the shifter that comes from the factory on the T56 Magnum. I also have my SST shift handle and white shift knob. Tranzilla™ is a 6-speed transmission that will accept 1,200 Horsepower and 1,000 ft/lbs of torque. Distance from front of bellhousing (aka rear of engine block) to shifter stub (hopefully you find a model that puts the shifter stub in the center of your console or floor opening) Before you buy a transmission, figure out which model suits your needs. The old F body T56 works perfect, but is a weaker trans. T56 / TR-6060 Reverse Lockout Control Module. You also don't have the same gear combo's available for the XL. This Ultimate Street Short Throw Shifter fits the Tremec T56 Magnum 6 Speed. TREMEC’s new six-speed transmission, known as the Magnum-F, is designed to replace the T56 in 1998-2000 GM F-bodies. I’m looking at the mal wood magnum extension housing into a TR6060 box to solve the floor brac and shifter issues but the cost is astronomical. We have been doing conversions since 2008 and have had the pleasure of helping many great people with their projects. 22,359 likes · 329 talking about this. The shifter is designed with NVH in thoughts to assist scale back gear noise into the cabin. Was going to use it but decided to go automatic since I have one in another car. Its much closer to the correct spot than the F-car T56 tailhousing. The Magnum is shown at left and the T-56 is on the right. Combining brute strength with precision engineering, the T56 is the perfect choice for cruisers and track racers alike. Chevelle 6-speed Transmission Conversion Kit, With All New Tremec T56 Magnum, 1968-1972 Steel Flywheel And Flywheel Bolts Spicer Slip Yoke Classic Hurst Shifter. California Proposition 65 Warning. No electronics required. Page 2- T56 question Stick shift and clutch. Call Us Today!. The result is our new Steeda Tri-Ax shifter for the Tremec Magnum XL transmission for 2005-2019 Mustang. 0 Fox-body. They can withstand up to 700 ft. Had a mgw on my 2014 mustang with an Mt82 and absolutely loved it. So long story short, last weekend at TWS with NASA I got fed up with the shifting in my old T56, so after putting it off long enough, I removed it from the car and am going to have it rebuilt by a known good local guy. The TREMEC T56 Magnum is the leader when it comes to high performance transmissions. Many people call it a T56 Magnum, and it's even labeled that on many parts of Tremec's website. This billet construction offset shifter will put the shift location dead center in the tunnel hole of many of my bolt-in Tremec T56 Magnum swap kits including the MKIV Supra, Lexus SC300, Lexus. We also offer the following services; rear axle rebuilds, gear ratio swaps, clutch/transmission removal/installation (in select vehicles). Some guys might point out that the MAgnum comes with a shifter, well that shifter won't fit the GTO. The TREMEC® T56 Magnum XL 6-speed transmission is aimed specifically at S197 Mustang enthusiasts! The new 'direct-shift" T56 Magnum™ XL for 2005-up Ford Mustangs represents a long awaited solution to the semi-remote shifter woes experienced by many 2005-up Mustang owners, as well as, TREMEC's most significant foray into the Mustang aftermarket since the days of emerging 5.
Post a Comment